E-commerce blog ShamrockCraic is seeking contributing writers to help spread the word about Irish history, culture, and merchandise and grow content library.
ShamrockCraic is the media arm of ShamrockGift.com and aims to educate people about Ireland's rich history and traditions, while keeping readers up to date on the latest news about ShamrockGift.com and providing helpful buying guides as well as reporting on some of our heritage brands. ShamrockGift.com sells a wide range of quality Irish gifts from Claddagh rings and Aran sweaters to St. Patrick's Day accessories and official Guinness merchandise.
Description and Responsibilities:
The contributor to ShamrockCraic will be responsible for writing posts that will range from 1,000-2,000 words on a variety of topics including Irish history, reporting on Irish brands, gift guides, travel articles, and more. There will be some flexibility in what assignments the contributor can take, but in general, they will be given top-down. There will be a strong SEO component to these articles. This is a unique opportunity to write for an up-and-coming retail blog and get in on the ground floor of building brand awareness and loyalty for a growing e-commerce site. Writers will be paid $40 per post.
• At least 1 year experience (paid or unpaid) in copywriting, journalism, editing, marketing, or related field
• Familiarity with best SEO practices
• A familiarity with Irish history and culture or a serious desire to learn
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and strong internal communication skills. This is a remote position with flexible hours
• Cover letter (no more than 3 paragraphs), included as the email body
• Resume or CV, or a link to one online
• 3 writing samples of no more than 1,000 words, or a link to online portfolio
• Contact information, including email address and phone number
NOTE: While the company is headquartered in New York, all contributing writers will be expected to work remotely.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities