Our client, a world-renowned cancer treatment and research center is seeking a Logistics Associate for their Westchester site location.
• This is a long-term temp position with potential to convert to a perm job.
• The work schedule is Monday – Thursday, 4pm – 9pm and Saturday from 8am – 6pm.
• The pay rate is $22.00 per hour.
• The work site is in Westchester.
Top Skills for this position are Supply Chain/Material Mgmt. experience, Customer Service Oriented, Teamwork, Attention to detail, & Adaptability.
Takes inventory and orders supplies to maintain par levels in all assigned supply areas per established schedule.
• Counts supplies in assigned supply areas, item by item, and notes quantities needed to bring items up to par level; orders indicated items via the inventory management system (Helios).
• Orders additional supplies (e.g., over par levels, non-routine supplies, patient charge item) as requested by leadership team and/or clinical staff.
• Anticipates and avoids problems by ordering out of stock and depleted items as soon as possible; offers alternatives to out of stock items when appropriate; checks to see if another area has extra out of stock items.
• Identifies overstocked items and returns them to appropriate party for credit; notifies manager daily of any overstocked items.
• Checks up daily on items “on order” using backorder report and notifies manager of critical items needed to ensure most timely delivery and stocking.
• Identifies fast moving items and monitors them closely.
• Suggest changes in par levels to best accommodate the needs of the floor staff; participates in review of par levels with administrative and clinical leadership.
• Uses appropriate forms, paper or computer-based systems to request and credit items. Processes Return Authorization online forms, as appropriate.
• Selects the correct quantity, account number/expense code, cost center, date, and location on all orders.
• Identifies cost containment opportunities and makes recommendations for changes to managers.
Delivers and stores supplies in appropriate location and at an appropriate level/quantity per department guidelines within established time frames.
• Checks all orders received for accuracy (i.e., 3-way match – order matches packing slip and items delivered); returns incorrect items and reorders unfilled items.
• Distributes items and stores in appropriate location according to item; follows established priority in the delivery and storage of items; always rotates items before storing.
• Distributes items and patient charge items daily.
• Replenishes area/procedure carts daily.
• Delivers and stocks medications and FDA approved products, if required, within timeframes established by departmental policy and procedures.
• Stores securely all distributed FDA Approved products as per guidelines.
• Stocks/replenishes patient servers with linen daily.
• Replenishes and arranges supplies on patient server trays according to diagram in Resource Manual/on Patient Server Cart.
• Order/appropriately stocks extra supplies for weekend activity.
• Follows all guidelines for safe storage and transport of supplies/equipment/linen and infection control.
Facility Maintenance and Operation
Assist with the overall maintenance of the facility. Associate ensures that all areas are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner that is consistent with the standards of the facility, infection control and the Institution.
• Participates in regular environmental rounds (with administrative and clinical leadership teams) of each suite/service to ensure that the physical appearance and safety of the environment are being maintained in accordance with Institutional standards. Identifies housekeeping and building maintenance issues and takes necessary action (contacts another department, places work order, generate a purchase order, etc.). This includes the maintenance, repair and replacement of all furniture, exam tables, lamps, carpets, upholstery, woodwork, painted surfaces, flooring, ceiling tiles, etc. Identifies issues and contacts appropriate internal resources (Environmental Services, Facilities Management, etc.) or contacts outside vendor for resolution. Internal issues are triaged and communicated to appropriate department via radio dispatch, phone call or e-mail depending on urgency. Keeps track of all issues and follows up until resolved. Meets routinely with the managers to discuss problems. Tracks progress of repairs on facility log.
Equipment Maintenance (Medical and Non-Medical)
Ensures availability of operational equipment in all outpatient areas.
• Ensures availability of equipment required to carry out area’s operations by adequately assessing and appropriately meeting needs within fiscal guidelines.
• Meets with clinical and administrative staff to ascertain needs for medical equipment. Assists with researching and presenting options to requestors. Submits purchase requisitions, coordinates delivery and installation with vendor. Enters all new medical equipment into the databases and ensures accuracy.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.