compensation: This is a sample that is paid, total for project will be agreed upon before work and paid at completion. employment type: contract telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
We work with an overseas company coming into a chance to work on educational materials in Mathematics. The sample test is to be done over a 24 hour period and needs to be carefully completed as the work can be difficult and complex. These are practice books in higher mathematics, laid out in carefully worded sections covering the subject in question. The need for mathematics proficiency must be very high, as all answers that have been provided must be checked for correctness and then the explanations to answers to sample questions that are wrong must be laid out in completely understandable terminology. Please, while we want editors, you must have a mathematics background and an understanding of how to write corrections to a typesetter, not give an opinion. We don't want suggestions or feelings about answers, we want fact-based this-is-what the answer is directions. If that is you, please apply, and we will answer you within a day. (even if we can't choose you, we will let you know).
Must have a math background.
Here are the task requirements (Fulfillment is by a contractor for Pearson)
● Check that all the answers provided are correct and match the question.
● Check that every question has an answer. Where questions do not have just one correct answer, please ensure an example of the sort of answer a student might give has been provided. Prefaced with ‘Students’ own answers, for example …’
● Check question and answer numbers match.
● Delete any extra answers (i.e. to questions that do not appear in the proof).
● Check that all answers are clear and unambiguous.
● Check that any diagrams in the answers match the diagrams in the questions (if reused from the question).
● Check that the phrasing used for answers is consistent; this should have been done by the copyeditor but if you have to amend any answers, please ensure this style is retained.
● Provide a list of any questions that do not work (i.e. that cannot be answered) and that will need to be adapted.
Please apply with a mathematics resume and cover letter - we can not answer resumes with other than a mathematics background -
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers