Our company is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and detail-oriented Assistant Bookkeeper. This role touches all aspects of accounting: accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management and monthly account reconciliation
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small business that has been a leading member of the New York City transportation industry for over thirty years. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service.
- Assistance in managing cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoices, reconciling accounts on cash and accrual basis, and maintaining records management for multiple business.
- Monthly closings, preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements
- Researching, tracking and resolving accounting problems
- Producing error-free accounting reports and presenting results
- Assisting with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Other projects as assigned, including filling in for others in department
- Minimum of 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software required
- Ability and flexibility to multi-task and work well under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Solid knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work on own and collaboratively with others
- Strong analytical skills a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and high level of professionalism and discretion especially when handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred