compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We're a small software start-up in Manhattan and we're looking for someone to write in-depth, content-rich blog posts three to four times a week, as well as to assist with other content creation.
Your main responsibility will be writing blog posts three or four times a week and compiling a monthly digest of the most interesting blog posts. We're considered experts in our field and these blog posts need to be truly informative and helpful; not listicles or SEO posts or other internet-clogging detritus.
In addition, you'll help with our other marketing efforts, such as promoting our social media presence, and writing marketing emails and sales and support copy -- basically, you'll contribute to anything having to do with words :)
Your responsibilities can grow with your competence and abilities.
Some things you should know about us and the job:
• Most of your blogs will deal with medical care, insurance, workers' compensation, compliance, and/or regulatory matters, mostly in California but we're also expanding to other states. We don't expect you to have the relevant background, but we'll expect you to dig deep into the field and get up to speed quickly. Of course, we'll help you.
• Although we're not in a glamorous industry, we're a tech start-up with a lot of the benign start-up attributes.
• We are a small crew of fewer than 20, so please be a nice person.
• You'll have a few major job functions, but you may be asked to contribute in a number of different ways to help the company.
• As part of the hiring process, we will ask a few candidates to take part in a one-hour collaborative writing or tear-down exercise.
On-site in Manhattan is preferred, but we'll consider remote work for a truly exceptional candidate.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. To start, a three month trial period as an independent contractor. At the end of three months, if everything works out, we'll hire you as an employee. You will be eligible for health insurance coverage after three months as an employee.
Start date: as soon as possible
Note: We participate in the Federal E-Verify program to to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons we hire in the United States.
If you'd like to apply, please send us the following:
1) Cover letter either in the body of your e-mail or attached as a .pdf.
2) Résumé in .pdf format. (Please do NOT paste your resume into the body of the e-mail.)
3) Two or three writing samples. One short and zippy sample and one longer form sample would be nice, but whatever you have that shows what you can do.
4) The job title in the subject line.
5) We use the following software--please indicate your familiarity with each:
• Googe Drive for just about everything else, including Google's version of Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
• Lastly, if you have graphic design skills, please indicate which tools you use and your level of expertise.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers