ETHNews is a blockchain technology and cryptocurrency digital news publication, with a specialized focus on the Ethereum blockchain platform. We are an independent media outlet that strives to report news accurately and objectively. ETHNews is a non-monetizing publication--our site does not publish any form of advertising, including sponsored content, and we do not accept payment in exchange for publishing content.
This position is for an individual who has an interest in technology, finance, and the ever evolving ecosystem of blockchain technology. We are looking for a New York-based reporter to cover blockchain industry events. This reporter will cover breaking news, round-up conference tracks, and seek out/conduct interviews with prominent players in the industry.
Applicants should have three to four years of journalistic experience, preferably at a technology-centric publication or as a tech assignment reporter. You should have considerable knowledge of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, coupled with an awareness of influential industry players. You should have a broad understanding of the regulatory landscape currently being explored in the US and abroad, as it pertains to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
• Represent ETHNews positively at industry events in a courteous and professional manner.
• Decipher which keynote presentations, panels, session tracks warrant coverage for the publication.
• Research companies for relevant background information to be included in reporting.
• Interview leaders, operators, and experts to provide increased value to articles.
• Communicate with Editors about stories you're developing and promptly meet assigned deadlines.
• NECESSARY: 3-4 years' experience in tech or business reporting. Consumer media or business publishing experience
• Demonstrated experience of covering breaking news as well as day-to-day industry coverage.
• A plus: Strong interest in the Ethereum and blockchain ecosystem.
• Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills.
• Knowledge of AP Style.
• Excellent judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to manage writing tasks while attending industry events. Event coverage deadlines will be same day.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers