Are you an experienced editor with a background in academic writing? A current or former English teacher? Or an advanced degree holder in a literature-related field? If so, this is the perfect freelance editing opportunity for you.
SuperSummary.com is a provider of academic study guides that help students better understand and analyze the books they read in class. As we increase our production of study guides, we are looking to hire a freelance editor who will be responsible for ensuring the quality of each guide before it is made available on the site.
• Study guides are approximately 10,000 to 15,000 words in length and contain several sections. Compensation is on a per-guide basis.
• Guides are authored by experienced writers with backgrounds in literature.
• The editor will be responsible for checking/correcting spelling, grammar, syntax, formatting, etc.
• The editor will also evaluate the quality of the content and provide substantive feedback if necessary.
• This is a remote, freelance position.
• Extensive editing experience, especially for academic writing
• Experience with comprehensive editing of long-form copy
• Ability to handle multiple editing assignments a month
• Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
• A background in literature or literary analysis is a plus
Ultimately, we are looking for an editor that is interested in a long-term relationship with us that would involve editing multiple study guides per month. If this project seems like a good match for your skills and interests, we hope to hear from you soon.
To apply, please complete and submit the application form at the link below. We will then be in touch with additional details and next steps if there seems to be a fit.