Emails/responses will not be considered as a job application.
Deadline: 12 MARCH
• Do you have the knack to work with digital content?
• Do you enjoy working with diverse teams and clients?
• Do you like being creative and doing diverse tasks?
If yes, this is the job for you! We're an international nonprofit seeking a communications & IT assistant to join our team. This job needs a diverse range of skills such as project management, basic/medium graphic design, video editing, customer orientated, and IT. This is your chance to contribute to development results around the world.
The UNDP Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) works to enhance the development effectiveness of UNDP to help people build a better life. IEO strengthens accountability and learning through evaluation and partnership. The Independent Evaluation Office conducts strategic, thematic, programmatic and country level evaluations. It assures the quality and use of UNDP evaluations by establishing norms, standards and guidelines and by knowledge sharing and networking.
Duties and Responsibilities are split as follows but please see the link of application for more detailed job description:
Provide administrative support to the Communications Officer including and not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Disseminate and distribute all hardcopy IEO publications and outreach materials to identified internal and external audiences;
• Take stock of office inventory and display of publications and ensure stocks can meet demand;
• Implement processes for printing and liaise with printers and other suppliers to ensure deadlines;
• Track, receive, unpack/pack shipments and packages/heavy boxes;
• Maintain and update contacts database, ensuring mailing lists are up-to-date and serve as an effective tool for distribution;
• Undertake all office photography, maintain IEO's photo library on Flickr and YouTube account;
• Perform video editing and focal point for internal video recordings;
• Design basic graphics for use across web and printed materials
• Provide support to publishing tasks as required such as coordinating translations and pre/post production phases.
• And undertake any other tasks
Provide administrative support to the IT specialist including and not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Maintain the overall office internal MS SharePoint site ensuring the contents are relevant and up-to-date; Support the updating and archiving of IEO repositories on SharePoint and share drive;
• Troubleshoot IT problems within the office and approx. 30 staff and provide IT support;
• Install, configure and maintain desktops, laptops, mobile devices, phones, smartphones, printers, copiers, video conferencing equipment and software applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Acrobat Pro, document management, printing, case management, document sharing, remote access, data file storage, and others;
• Perform trouble shooting as needed to resolve issues; Create and Maintain user accounts and permissions;
• Procure and track all hardware inventory and system documentation. Coordinate service for equipment in and out of warranty. Work with vendors to evaluate new technology and make recommendations;
• Provide research support and other IT tasks as required.
Requirements for candidates:
• Completion of Secondary Education is required;
• A University Degree in Communications, Economics, Political Sciences and/or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
• Excellent design and presentation skills are required;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Package (word, excel, PowerPoint) required;
• Good research skills required;
• Knowledge of SharePoint required; other data base systems an asset;
• Knowledge of video editing required;
• Knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop an asset.
• Fluency in English is required;
• Working knowledge of French/Spanish an asset.
This is a full-time post based in New York with limited (once a month only telecommute) given the IT aspect of the job.
Duration is initially for 2 months and extendable for another 6 months based on performance.