compensation: 45.00 per hour and 30 minutes of travel time employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
• Are you looking for PART-TIME IT consulting work in/around Manhattan during the day? (Your availability should include Monday - Friday, from 8am - 6pm.)
To be clear we are looking to keep someone on part-time for the long term, if you are looking for a full-time job, please do not apply. This is not a good fit if you are looking for work to hold you over till you find a full-time job. Apologies for being blunt, but this is what we are looking for.
The field technician provides technical assistance to computer system users as well as the ability to handle a project for a client with minimal oversight. Responsibilities include answering questions or resolving computer problems for Clients in person, via telephone, or from remote location as well as providing assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, printer installations, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
• Ability to take on a project given to you by the CTO from beginning to end.
• Provide on-site technical support to system users by troubleshooting issues and working directly with
vendors to resolve major hardware and software problems.
• Maintain systems, install new equipment, and make modifications to Client infrastructure as requested.
• Assist system users by confidently troubleshooting Tier 3 and Tier 4 issues, including: Active Directory, MS
Exchange, BES Server, and DNS.
• Evaluate Client’s operational efficiency of different IT systems and recommend improvements.
• Manage ticket queue by manually documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems while ensuring all
tickets are responded to and closed in a timely manner.
• Interact with Clients using clear and concise communication in order to facilitate ticket status updates and
• Manage MS Exchange environments and Active Directory (e.g., add, delete, change) as needed and keep up-
• Effectively demonstrate a sense of urgency while acting in a professional, calm manner and manage
appropriate and realistic expectations to ensure overall Client.
• Leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions and use appropriate judgment to apply
most effective resolution methodology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent level of hands-on
• 3-7 years of related IT experience in an enterprise or server-based environment.
• Must have 3+ years of recent end-user technical support experience.
• Financial services industry and MSP experience preferred.
• Excellent desktop and server troubleshooting skills.
• Strong hands-on experience in Windows Server, MS Exchange, Active Sync, Active Directory, Remote VPN
Software, LAN/WAN, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, MDM (Mobile Device Management), Disaster Recovery, and Cisco.
• Impeccable verbal/written communication.
• Exhibit a high-level of professionalism and sound judgment.
• Experience with ZenDesk or similar ticketing system preferred.
Pay is 45.00 per hour and 30 minutes for one way travel.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Please send an email that includes a brief description of who you are, your educational profile, and your professional experience (please communicate specifically your technological strengths and weaknesses)
2. Please outline your precise availability between Monday - Friday, from 8am - 5pm. Again, please let us know the exact time - do not reply back with that this position meets your availability or anything else other than the precise availability.
3. Please attach a current resume to your email communication
4. Once your application email has been received and reviewed, we will contact you to discuss next steps should your skills and availability match our requirements
Again, to be clear we are looking to keep someone on part-time for the long term, if you are looking for a full-time job, please do not apply. This is not a good fit if you are looking for work to hold you over till you find a full-time job. Apologies for being blunt, but this is what we are looking for.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers