compensation: Competitive compensation, commission and gratuities employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Japanese-Inspired Spa in a Luxury Tribeca Hotel seeks Licensed Massage Therapist to join our team of passionate and dedicated spa professionals.
1) Current New York State resident and holds active New York State Massage License
2) Minimum 5 years of massage and/or bodywork experience
3) Must be able to be with guests in various states of wellness and maintain appropriate boundaries for healing.
4) Must be able to provide a confident and skilled 60 to 90 minute Swedish massage and Sports massage, advanced training in other modalities is preferable.
5) Good communication skills and positive attitude
7) Actively engaged in continuing education
8) Committed to self-care, nutrition and general hygiene
9) Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
10) Must be dependable and able to adjust to schedule changes, including cancellations and additions.
11) Must be able to works nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
12) Understanding of Japanese culture and/or language preferred but not required.
13) Luxury hotel spa experience preferred, but not required.
Summary of Duties and Skills Required:
1) Ability to perform and speak competently about all services listed on the menu and on the property.
2) Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, hydrotherapy, soft tissue techniques and a solid grounding in professional ethics and communication skills.
3) Ability to multi-task: massage, provide information, re-stock rooms, and maintain necessary supplies.
4) Perform guest intake session prior to each service to ascertain precautions and contradictions for massage.
5) Observe and solicit guest's verbal and non-verbal feedback and modify the treatment and respond as necessary.
6) Maintain client confidentiality and sensitivity to personal information during all client interactions; report any unusual client interactions to supervisor immediately.
7) Suggest improvements and take ownership of all duties with a self-motivated style.
Selected candidates will be asked to come in for an oral and practical interview following a brief phone interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers