QR Code Link to This Post
Promenet is a leading IT-consulting firm located in Lower Manhattan.
We seek to add valuable new full-time members to our Systems team. Our employees constantly push themselves to improve their skills--every individual at Promenet works to grow for the company, but most importantly for themselves. We work with customers in all industries to provide them peace of mind by offering hands-on expertise. We're largely responsible for the integrity of each of our client's networks, and subsequently their business operations. Our employees pride themselves on playing such an important role.
This position offer superior growth opportunities, as well as medical and dental benefits after 90 days.
Our ideal candidates are bright, ambitious go-getters who already possess some understanding of business-leading technologies and want to enhance their knowledge by working directly below senior IT consultants. As a matter of policy, we provide Level 1 engineers with technical roadmaps, academic roadmaps, and training (both internal and external) at no charge. Experience is a plus but is not required for Level 1 candidates.
Priority will be extended to those who exhibit a hunger for knowledge and a strong desire for career advancement. The ability to work well as part of a team is vital. All candidates should have a strong work ethic, confidence, and solid communication skills.
- Support customer networks' end users.
- Daily hands-on interaction with network and systems troubleshooting.
- Serve as an integral resource (or leader) in projects, adhering to committed deliverables, and regular communication of progress to management.
- Fulfill certification and training roadmap as set forth by senior staff and management.
- Shadow experienced personnel and acquire knowledge.
- Thoroughly document all activity and keep senior staff and management informed.
- Work outside of standard business hours as needed, including a potential weekend/weekday shift (to be discussed).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an IT-related major.
- Ability to think critically, excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proper phone etiquette is a must.
- Willingness to dedicate personal time to the pursuit of knowledge and furtherance of career.
- Industry certifications, specifically Microsoft, Cisco, HP, IBM, NetApp, and VMware.
- Experience working with monitoring tools, such as N-able, Kaseya, Solarwinds, or SNMPc.
- Experience with both internal and client facing technical work.
- Previous experience with ticketing systems, such as Autotask or ConnectWise.
- Familiarity with client-facing technical work and consulting services.
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies:
- Network protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN
- Voice technologies, such as Cisco Call Manager, Unity.
- Voice/data circuits
- VMware, storage (NetApp, EMC, Lefthand, Compellent), Citrix, Symantec AV, Backup Exec
- Storage communication protocols, such as fibre channel, iSCSI, FCoE
- Switching/routing technologies, specifically Cisco & HP
Instructions for Applicants
- Reply to this ad and write "Level 1 Systems Engineer" in the subject line.
- Attach a copy of your resume (in Word or PDF format) to your message. Resumes pasted into the body of the message will not be reviewed.
- In the body of your message, write a brief description of your talents and your ambitions. Give us an idea of what you want to achieve and what kind of company you want to be a part of. Simply submitting your resume is not enough: you must demonstrate your aptitude and your motivation.
The organization placing this ad is an equal-opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest.