We need a new, hands-on IT Associate to support our growing community of shared office spaces!
This is a part-time position (1-3 days a week), and best for someone who is available on an as-needed basis. , depending on current project load and urgency.
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10 desktops
- Hands-on experience pulling cable through walls and ceilings
- Hands-on experience terminating Cat 5E cable (RJ-45).
- Ability to provide technical support on complex issues via memory without the aid of computers or books.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
--- Sharp memory and diagnostic skills - a sense of excellence and determination.
- Ability to relate highly technical information in a clear and easily understood manner to non-technical personnel and clients.
Your basic responsibilities include:
• Availability for Information Technology and infrastructure support. This is an on-call as-needed position. There are weeks when we don't need any help, and others where we need you for a day or several days.
• Familiarity with Network Switches, what's what, what's where...
• Low-voltage wiring, installation, maintenance, setup devices
• Pulling cable through walls and terminating for device use
• Mapping of networks and physical port locations using such programs as autoCad
• Some skills with access-controlled door systems (card swipe).
• VoIP phone systems, configuration etc.
- Managing, supporting, and troubleshooting network printers, scanners, and mobile devices, both remotely and onsite for clients in our NYC area locations.
This is a part-time position, ranging 10-30 hours per week. We are willing to make a set schedule that works for you and the company.
Please send a relevant and current resume, cover letter, or explanation of your skills and why you are an ideal fit for this position.
Also, please send this completed questionnaire with your resume and cover letter:
Rate your capabilities with each of the following 0 to 5 (0=no ability, 5=best).
1. Connect ports for move ins of new tenants
2. Run Ethernet cables and terminate from point A to B if necessary
2a. Pull Ethernet or low-voltage cable through walls and over ceilings
3. Configure Phones with new numbers using GNU emacs
4. Built new PCs/Servers and install OS
5. Troubleshoot upgrade and install new software on employee's computers.
6. Work with equipment and networks like phones, routers, switches, WiFi access points, cameras, cables, printers, scanners, door controllers and door readers.
7. Swap cables, test things, and travel between floors and between buildings to get at the source of problems.
8. Do support for cameras, Access Points (WiFi).
9. Port In and out phone numbers
10. Create email rules, aliases, groups, forwarding emails. Create new user emails, domain accounts on MS Exchange
11. Works with and understands TCP/IP, DHCP, LDAP, DNS, VOIP and VPN's.
12. Onboard/Offboard users on Active Directory assign correct permissions
13. Work with Navicat, AutoCad software
14. Basic Wordpress development, ,HTML and CSS skills
15. Low Voltage cabling and installation of door access controllers, readers and strikes
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers