no laundry on site no smoking no parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
"MUST HAVE A DREAM AND A JOB"!!!
- $900 a month, 1st and last month ($1,800.00) due upon moving in, plus $200 damage/security deposit. You enter with a clean, unfurnished room, you exit with a clean unfurnished room.
- Time Warner Cable & Con Edison is included into the rent.
- Apartment is available February 1st, 2018.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT
- 3 BR Victorian Railroad walk up on the 1st floor. This apartment is a "diamond in the rough", we just got a new building management company that is restoring the whole building and are in the process of some updates and restoration.
- Your room would be the center room which is the warmest room in the apartment during the winter months.
- It is repainted and restored.
- Measurements are 8'W x 12'L x 11'H. It is unfurnished.
- You will need your own AC for the summer months.
- All original hardwood floors have been refinished.
- Front room off of entrance is used by us as a common eating space.
- Kitchen is big enough for 2 people to hang out comfortably. Full equipped.
- Bathroom has been updated and designed by a former roommate.
- There is no laundry room in the apartment, but plenty of Laundromats in the neighborhood.
- We all participate in keeping the apartment clean and you will too. We take the approach of always being ready to host a family member or guest. Kitchen is kept clean and used often. We ask that you clean up immediately after you are done. Failure to participate will result in not returning your damage deposit at time of departure and rent increase when lease is renewed at beginning of year. You will adopt the 4% rent increase to your portion of the rent.
- The apartment isn't a Frat House, so we don't treat each other or the environment like that.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- Our neighborhood is the newly coined "SoHa," one of the most upcoming of all of Manhattan. You have Morningside Park across the street and Central Park just a few blocks down. Perfect for those Sundays when you just want to lay in the park and do nothing.
- We are 1 block west of Fredrick Douglas Blvd which is known as NYC 2nd restaurant row. There is every flavor of the world to eat there. It's great to spend your day off in your own neighborhood. It wasn't like this 5 years ago!
- C & B trains are one block up. M3, M7, M116 buses stop right in front of the apartment.
- There are 3 Laundromats in the area. We have a granny cart to get us to and from.
- Grocery shopping, Rite Aid, post office and several dry cleaners are within a 5 min walk.
- Must have a Dream and a Job! You must be a professional, fully-employed full time, stable gay male that is clean, respectful, and somewhat quiet when others are sleeping in. The apartment is perfect for lounging on your day off.
- Must pay bills and rent on time. Failure to pay rent on time will subject yourself into using your last month's rent as current month's rent. If it hasn't been caught up by the end of the month, you will have to depart the apartment.
- There is no space for storage. So, everything must fit into your room.
- Dog friendly.
-You will use a mop and a sponge consistently, throughout the apartment. Again, we all participate in keeping the apartment clean. The apartment runs harmoniously when everyone does their part.
- We are 2 gay professional males, not a couple, 38 and 48 years old. We have somewhat opposite schedules and enjoy the quiet/down time we have chilling at home.
- We LOVE dogs. One roommate is a part-time surrogate father to a Schnauzer and Brussels Griffon that visit periodically. The other has a cool Chihweenie that will arrive in February.
- We don't mind the occasional date that comes over, but keep it classy. We aren't looking for a 4th roommate. Your guest must leave with you. Guests must be announced. Failure to follow this house rule will result in a rent increase and extra cleaning duties.
- We don't smoke in the apartment. Period.
- This Craigslist ad is our roommate agreement in which we abide to. Anything not clarified can be a conversation.
- We are both super chill and want this space to be a "drama free zone". If you're interested and think you would be a good match, please reply to this post to tell us what you are looking for, and a bit about yourself and your interests. We would like to start conducting interviews starting Jan 29th. We will meet in person so you can see the space. No phone interviews or long distance pen pals. EMAILS WITHOUT SUCH INFO WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers