Insider Inc. is hiring an Operations Manager to join our People & Culture team and keep our internal operations running smoothly.
As our Operations Manager, you'll handle all facilities issues including relationships with vendors, facilities repairs, and coordinating with building maintenance. You will work with the rest of the People and Culture team to organize and set up for internal events, take care of our office space, and make sure our day-to-day internal operations run smoothly.
In this role, you will:
- Be the point of contact for all facilities and building needs including vendors, subletting tenants, cleaners, building engineers, deliveries, COI requirements, etc.
- Communicate issues or updates to the company via email and Slack
- Write clear instructions of processes or procedures for our Help Center and answer support tickets
- Complete light repairs of floors, walls, and appliances such as copy machines, coffee makers, dishwashers, etc. and schedule repairs if not possible to manage in-house
- Assist internal teams with events and production logistics
- Keep storage and common spaces organized and keep a running inventory of supplies and tools
- Help plan for and execute large-scale improvements (soundproofing, re-carpeting, etc.) and growth (desk expansions, moves, etc.)
- Oversee operations budget, invoices, and spending and find cost-effective ways to make the office run more efficiently
- Help with mail, kitchens, and donations when necessary
- Work with the team to throw semi-annual company parties
- Keep our operations records organized and up to date in Google drive
- You'll have some combination of education and work/life experience that has led you to be a hard worker with good problem-solving and communication skills and a can-do attitude
- You're a morning person (working hours approximately 8:30am - 5:30pm)
- You're a great communicator and writer with excellent problem-solving skills
- You have knowledge of Mac products, Google Apps, and computer systems like ticketing request systems
- You're detail-oriented, creative, and organized with excellent customer service skills
- You have the ability to fix appliances and do repairs around the office
- Experience with office moves, build-outs, and/or construction
- Tech-savvy with the ability to troubleshoot A/V, computers, printers, etc.
- Vendor contract management and negotiation experience
About us: Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers