Earn money and have fun while making a difference! Apply to become a Play Coach for Asphalt Green! $17/hr
Asphalt Green is a non-profit sports and fitness complex on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We are currently looking for friendly experienced coaches to staff our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) for the 2019-2020 school year. REP is a unique community program currently implemented during recess time in 61 NYC public elementary schools across Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens.
Play Coach Duties:
● Lead recess at elementary schools and teach kids new games!
● Help children resolve conflicts in positive ways.
● Attend weekly meetings to share strategies, learn and play new games.
● Must be 18 years old
● Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 2-4 hours per day (between 10:00am-2:00pm), November 2019 – June 2020.
Competitive candidates must be/have:
● Energetic, positive, dynamic and reliable!
● Experience working with youth in an athletic/large group setting.
● Enjoy playing sports and games!
● Leadership skills, independence and a passion for working with children.
● Willing and able to travel to schools in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.
● Experience in NYC public schools or work with at-risk youth is a plus.
● After an extensive interview process candidates must be fingerprinted by the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) (Payment will be provided by Asphalt Green)
● Final employment offers are contingent upon clearance from the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) Personnel Eligibility Tracking System (PETS) - This verification must be made prior to your work with students in a New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) school and/or NYC DOE affiliated location
Please note: We will conduct demonstration group interviews in the upcoming weeks that consist of teaching a recess game to other candidates. You will be selected based on your cover letter and resume.