When applying please write "Vendor Coordinator - YOUR NAME" in the subject line.
QR Code Link to This Post
Grand Bazaar NYC Information
Grand Bazaar NYC is the biggest curated weekly (flea) market in New York City. Its mission is to become the market for New York City, a home for the best artists, designers, craft makers, independent vintage/antique dealers, and artisanal food purveyors. Its purpose is to be the funding source for four neighborhood public schools, benefiting over 4,000 children, donating 100% of its profits. Grand Bazaar NYC is located on the Upper West Side and is open every Sunday, all year-round, indoor and outdoor, with up to 200 top merchants selling one-of-a-kind, rare and limited-edition goods. www.GrandBazaarNYC.org
Position: Vendor / Market Coordinator
This full-time position will be responsible for all current and potential new vendors for Grand Bazaar NYC. We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a dynamic and people-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication/sales, follow-through, and operations skills; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has unsurpassed work ethic. She/he will want to become the market's "vendor champion", enjoy curating vendors for the market, and work collaboratively with fellow staff to execute all aspects of the Grand Bazaar NYC's mission of becoming the weekly market for New York City.
This person will work during the week out of the Harold Square (34th St.) office and Sundays at the market, and report to the Executive Director of Grand Bazaar NYC.
Vendor/Market Coordinator's Responsibilities
• Represent Grand Bazaar NYC to the various vendor communities in New York City and beyond.
• Proactively reach out to potential vendors and build a working relationship with them.
• Own the full vendor cycle from first contact to retaining the vendor.
• Work with the Executive Director and staff to recruit, strategize, and administer market placements for the various vendors and market categories.
• Work closely with current vendors to support and ensure their continued success at market.
• Attend staff planning and strategy meetings to improve market operations, troubleshoot and resolve market issues and conflicts.
• Support special event activities and marketing efforts.
• Create a fun, exciting and positive atmosphere at the market.
• Must be highly detailed oriented and organized.
• Possess excellent communication and follow-through skills (both verbal and written).
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills. Able to juggle multiple projects and personalities.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Sales ability a must.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and meet challenges creatively.
• Strong computer skills, and good understanding of social media and the internet.
• Demonstrate strong mediation skills to resolve disputes and issues as they occur at market.
• Possess stamina and resilience to work a full day at the market - standing and walking for extended periods of time, sometimes in extreme temperatures.
• Positive and outgoing personality.
• Work Sundays at the market.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.