Large non-profit organization is looking for a talented Jr. Social Media Specialist/ Graphic Designer!
The designer would be hyper-focused on visuals for social platforms. This talent needs to be familiarized with the best practices and trends on all major platforms. Some experience with analytics would be great, but this is a junior role and a perfect place to grow your skills!
You will get the opportunity to manage design, production, coordination and scheduling of visual projects. You would also get to write some light copy for social posts on occasion and take initiative in the idea process by providing feedback and concepts that fall within the organization’s mission.
Help develop awareness and grow an audience for a great cause!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Create designs for a multitude of platforms like e-newsletters, signage, logos, flyers, social, web and more
- Assist in the design strategy by working along with other designers and the marketing/ communications departments
- Ensure designs fall within marketing plan and corporate standards
- Archive all project assets and ensure appropriate archiving procedure is followed
- Occasionally write/ proof some copy for marketing materials
- Assist with some instructional videos
- Oversee social platforms/ scheduling, engage with social audience and create posts/ visuals
- Follow analytics and report on impacts of social media projects
- Monitor SEO on Google AdWords
- Provide input on techniques to improve campaigns, meet company goals, improve services and work culture
- Exceptional knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Some experience working with social media management programs (Hootsuite, Sprout, etc.)
- Ability to use Adobe CS ( Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience working with Mac products
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and provide feedback/ take creative criticism
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to develop timelines
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Preferred: Copywriting experience, some HTML/CSS knowledge
This is an on-site, contract to full time opportunity with a company in New York City, NY.
To apply, please submit your resume, case studies and/or portfolio link for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally. If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers