Girlie Action is a boutique Music PR & Marketing firm based in New York City. For 25 years we have worked with a diverse roster of artists in nearly every genre of music, ranging from Talib Kweli to Tori Amos, My Morning Jacket, Porter Robinson, Meshell Ndegeocello, Santigold, Palehound, Nicole Atkins, Kaki King, Bebel Gilberto, Black Kids and many more. Check us out! www.girlieaction.com
Key duties will include assisting in writing press releases, implementing social media campaigns, designing tour marketing tools, gathering press clips, generating weekly reports and handling misc. administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, greeting clients & updating our press database. A love of music, an interest in pop culture, and a professional attitude are essential!
Must be POSITIVE, HARD-WORKING, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED and DEPENDABLE. Candidates must be able to multi-task. Experience with Macs, Pixelmator, and FileMaker are preferred but not necessary. Bonus points if you have any design experience or know how to use the Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.)!!
Must be available to work at least 2-4 full days a week. Hours are 11am-7pm: We work on rock star time!
**Position is for school credit or professional experience. Please send resume and cover letter to above email address.**
Benefits & Perks:
• Learn how to write press releases and pitch stories to media outlets
• Learn how to execute tour marketing plans, including learning the nuts and bolts of both PR and digital marketing campaigns
• Potential to assist in our artist management division, where you can hands on experience in day-to-day tasks involving all aspects of artist management
• Attend shows by various Girlie Action artists
• Network with our staff (who are all very well connected in the local music scene)
Job recommendations will be provided for all interns who do good work. Over half of our current staff started as Girlie Action interns!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers