compensation: based on experience from US$55,000.00 employment type: full-time internship
QR Code Link to This Post
ABOUT MARKETING CHALLENGES INTERNATIONAL
MCIntl is a full-service global destination marketing firm based in New York City. We are a key marketing and sales partner connecting leading convention bureaus and convention centers to the North American meetings market. For more than 30 years, destinations have looked to MCIntl for its market expertise, industry insights, and reputation for success.
Working at MCIntl is an opportunity to join a well-established destination marketing firm that works with some of the top business destinations in the world, including the international convention bureaus for Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubai, Istanbul, Malaysia, South Korea, Switzerland, and Vienna. You will learn and develop a career in business development and marketing, and further your expertise in the travel industry.
We are a multilingual international team hailing from all walks of life, and we pride ourselves on being curious and well-cultured, dependable and diligent. We offer health insurance and 401K. There are few things that drive us more than being able to make a meaningful impact on our clients' destinations and venues.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Account Executive, you will play a key role in promoting our client destinations and bringing valuable business to their respective cities. You will have direct contact with our global clients and will lead projects on behalf of the firm. The position is based out of the NYC office, but some travel in North America and overseas is required. Other responsibilities include:
• researching source markets
• developing relationships with key industry professionals
• following up with major North American clients to contract business for international destinations and venues
• coordinating and leading sales visits, sales mission, promotions, and special events
• traveling in North America, and taking part in educational trips overseas
• attending and participating in major industry seminars and trade shows
• taking an active part in team projects
• 4-6 years of work experience with college degree in related field
• a good knowledge of the travel industry: leisure and business segments
• some experience in destination/hotel marketing and sales
• excellent presentation skills
• multitasking abilities
• a strong interest in the global marketplace
• traveled overseas and your passport is up to date
• you know your geography, and speak Spanish (a plus)
You are motivated and organized, internet savvy and computer proficient. You have experience with Microsoft Office and CRM databases (ACT!), and working knowledge of digital marketing tools.
Visit us at www.mcintl.com for more information. To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to be considered for the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers