Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal based on the East Coast with recent experience supporting attorneys in a transactional law practice. We are looking for paralegals with at least four years of experience in transactional law, but additional experience in real estate, litigation, family law, bankruptcy, or immigration would be a plus. If you have experience supporting a diverse array of transactional practices and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients supporting a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal to support attorneys in transactional law practices. Your experience should include assisting with the preparation of business agreements, IP licenses, and partnership agreements. Any experience with securities, business formations, real estate transactions, and/or mergers and acquisitions would be a plus. The ideal candidate will be adept at using practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase; Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; and editing PDFs.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business within one hour by email, phone, and text and be available to work on projects throughout the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor. We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in a transactional practice
• Additional experience in real estate, litigation, bankruptcy, family law, or immigration law is a plus
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience with engagement letters, client invoicing, correspondence, document review and preparation
• Experience drafting agreements from both templates and software that provides electronic forms
• Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
• Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday East Coast time
• Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping
• Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
• Quiet location in which to take phone calls
Qualities we are looking for:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
• Technologically savvy