Prior experience in an OBGYN office and seeking a long-term position in a private practice is preferred.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a new, busy, modern OB/GYN private practice in a premier location on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We provide personalized care in a warm, friendly and compassionate environment. Looking for a MA to grow with the practice.
You are responsible for directly improving the experience for patients of this practice while assisting the doctor. You should be warm and personable, someone who patients look forward to seeing. You should be able to handle a fast pace/high volume with professionalism and poise.
• Greet and escort patients to the exam room.
• Take measurement of height, weight and vital signs. Record medical history and chief complaint into EMR.
• Perform phlebotomy. Collect and prepare specimens for lab. Coordinate special testing.
• Set up patient rooms for scheduled procedures/exams and assist the physician with procedures.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and the exam room. Keep medical supplies inventory up to date.
• Relay medical information to patients. Be able to soothe patient anxieties.
• Front desk responsibilities – answer phones, check/respond to emails and faxes, schedule appointments, medical records
• Collect payment. Obtain prior authorizations, verify insurances.
• Strong work ethic. Must be reliable and punctual.
• 2yr+ of relevant experience; OB/GYN office experience preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills.
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification a must
What We Offer:
• A friendly and inclusive work environment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan
• Great commute: 3 minute walk from the subway
• An opportunity to grow your responsibilities and career with our practice