compensation: Salaried Position employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Union Square Events is seeking a Production Sous Chef to join the team!
Since opening Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has grown into an innovative family of food and hospitality businesses including fine dining restaurants, museum cafes, casual dining eateries, an executive training business and Union Square Events.
Established in 2005, Union Square Events has emerged as a culinary and operations leader within the hospitality industry. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, Union Square Events produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
The Production Sous Chef position will require a broad palette of food knowledge and an understanding of high-scale food production for all types of off-site special events. You will have the opportunity to lead a team, with plenty of room to grow and develop.
• Executing and supervising food production while maintaining a high standard of quality
• Coordinating kitchen staff and efficiently managing resources according to production needs
• Organizing production planning for a diverse set of menus
• Assisting in hiring, development, training of staff
• Managing off-site execution of special events and event team
Skills & Requirements:
• 2+ Years of Sous Chef experience
• Working knowledge of BOH Purchasing, Inventory, and Scheduling
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with CaterXpert preferred
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Team-first, positive work attitude
• Full Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
• Paid Parental Leave
• Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
• Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
• Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
If you feel you are a strong fit, please send over a resume and cover letter!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers