compensation: $27-$29 per hour employment type: full-time job title: Pastry Chef
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a Pastry Chef to work alongside the Savory Chef at our New York City establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Café Manager and managing daily activities of the pastry side of the business.
• Ensure offerings and ingredient selections are in accordance with the bakery’s philosophy and standards.
• Create seasonal and daily pastries with variety and quality.
• Mix and bake a variety of pastry items including but not limited to breads, batters, doughs, creams, custards and beverage bases.
• Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
• Regulate general cleaning and maintenance of all bakery areas including the kitchen, dry storage and walk in.
• Provide line cooks with clear directives and guidance.
• Assist with sourcing and placing all food and non-food orders.
• Work closely with the Café Manager, Head Chef and Bakery principles/owners.
• A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
• Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
• Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
• Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
• Flexible, adapts to every changing needs of the business.
• Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Bakery philosophy.
• Excellent Pastry Chef who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
• Strong communicator.
• Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
• Flexible to the needs of the business.
• Able to assist Head Chef with building the pastry side of the business.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.