You will be a critical part of our daily operation, including, prep, production, inventory, sanitation and safety. You'll master the menus, assist with events as they arise, contribute your knowledge and passion to refining our offerings, and handle any task that arises. You will work defined shifts doing both prep and working the line for dinner, but scheduling may vary. You'll be expected to operate on your own when required, and to work well in a team as well.
QR Code Link to This Post
•Accountable for carrying out all requests made by the Director of Operations and General Manager in the most professional,
effective, efficient matter.
• Assist in maintaining food costs.
• Maintain quality and standards.
• Responsible for execution and production of menu items.
• Controlling inventory.
• Ensure all standards of quality are achieved in relation to sanitation, organization, consistency, and employee morale.
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff.
• Responsible for entire opening and/or closing checklists including (but not limited to) meat and fish storage,
cleanliness of all walk in refrigerators, securing of all necessary doors, boxes, etc., breaking down of hot line
and raw bar and check overnight stocks.
• Responsible for maintaining high standards in prevention of Food Borne Illness, including Health Dept. Code
• Implement Kitchen safety program, including proper accident prevention.
Education and Experience Requirements
• 2-4 Years prior high volume food production in New York City
• Prior line Chef experience required
• English language required. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.