Oxalis is a neighborhood bistro opening in fall, just steps from the Brooklyn Museum created out of a desire to create an unparalleled dining experience that will have a lasting impact on the culinary scene and our community. Over the past two years, Oxalis has become one of Brooklyn's most sought-after pop-up dinner reservations; now we are setting down roots in Prospect Heights. Our focus is serving fresh and natural ingredients with a beverage program of equally seasonal cocktails, craft beers and a selection of ready to drink new and old-world wines, while delivering the highest level of hospitality and service.
If interested, we encourage you to submit their resume for the following positions:
- Line Cooks
We are looking for full-time people who:
- Have good communication skills
- Take pride in their work and maintain exceptional sanitation standards
- Have a curiosity and desire to learn and grow with us
- Ability and willingness to take direction, remain calm under pressure, and work in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 years or more restaurant experience
- Understanding of proper NYC DOH sanitation standards
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Ability to work/stand for 8-10 hours a day and to carry up to 20lbs occasionally
- Ability to work and keep your workspace clean and uphold the standards of the restaurant
- Ability to work late nights and holidays as required
Plus, but not required:
- Experience in 2+ New York Times reviewed restaurants
- Experience in Michelin-rated and fine dining restaurants
- NYC FOOD HANDLER'S LICENSE
For more information, you can visit our website at www.oxalisnyc.com or visit us on Facebook or Instagram (@oxalisnyc).
Please include a brief cover letter along with your resume. We look forward to meeting you.
Oxalis is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Oxalis complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Additionally, Oxalis expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual origination, gender identify or expression, age, or disability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers