favorite this postLove Dogs? Do What You Love? UWS Dog Walker (upper west side) hide this posting
compensation: $11 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for the rewards of working daily with loving animals? Enjoy walking in some of Manhattan's most beautiful parks?
We are an established (10 years) pet care company with loyal clients who value great, personal care for their pets. Our staffers walk a maximum of three dogs at a time (since we don't believe in pack walking) in the beautiful parks of the UWS and Morningside Heights.
Many of our staff hold other schedule-compatible jobs or attend evening classes and are looking for a gratifying job to supplement their income.
The weekly schedule is Mondays through Fridays (all 5 days) and you must be available between 10 am and 5pm. You will be assigned a regular, weekly (walkable) route--that means dogs you know and look forward to seeing you :)
In addition to your regular schedule, holiday and some weekend work is also required.
- Obviously must love dogs and cats and be comfortable around all breeds, sizes, etc.
- Be up for a rewarding, but physically demanding job. (And that means be working in all four seasons of New York weather.)
- Have a working smartphone.
- Be able to work independently while also being a good team member (we are always there to support you and are very hands-on).
- Ready to commit to at least 9 months with us.
- Thorough, 3-week paid training (no matter what your previous level of experience). Starting pay: $11 hr.
- A set, regular weekly schedule.
(Typical work week: between 20 and 25 hours a week, M - F, with occasional weekends.)
- Excellent, positive team-oriented support system.
- Awesome dogs, cats and clients.
Sound like you? Please follow the link to fill out our application. Please be sure to explain your personal and/ or professional experience with animals. We will contact you if we're interested to set up an interview.