favorite this postParticipate in Psychological Research on Creativityhide this posting
compensation: You will receive an Amazon.com gift card worth $30 after completing the study. (Corresponds to ca. $10/hour) employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Researchers at the University of California, Santa Barbara are seeking participants for a daily diary study to find out which styles of daydreaming are related to creativity. We are looking for creative writers and other folks.
The study will be conducted through your smartphone and will last one week, taking up ca. 20 minutes each day. You will answer surveys and receive notifications at random moments throughout each day with questions about your recent daydreams.
• You should be at least 18 years old, have a smartphone, and be located in the United States.
• If you decide to participate, you will need to download a (free) app to your smartphone. You do not need to be connected to the internet during the whole duration of the study, data collection works offline as well.
• We are looking for different groups of participants, professional creative writers and people with other kinds of occupations.
• We are trying to match writers to other participants. To find out if you are eligible to participate in the study (i.e., if you can be matched), we will send you a very short (< 1 minute) survey. If you are eligible, we will send you an invitation per e-mail.
Because the study is conducted through your smartphone, you will need to download a (free) mobile application to your phone (works for iphone or Android based device) and create an account. After creating the account:
- First, we will ask you to answer a few questions about yourself (such as your age, education, and occupation) and further questionnaires about daydreaming and creativity.
- Starting the next day, and continuing for the rest of the week, you will receive notifications on your phone at random moments throughout the day (between 9am and 9pm). The notifications will prompt you to answer questions about your most recent daydream. (We understand that sometimes you may not be able to respond to a prompt. This does not disqualify you from participating.)
- In the evening of each day (at 9pm), you will be asked questions about your creativity, inspiration, and mood that day.
If you participate, you will receive an Amazon.com gift card worth $30. We will e-mail to you a claim code to redeem the gift card upon completion of your participation (please allow us two business days to send you the code). Amazon.com gift cards never expire and carry no fees.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers