compensation: $15-17 per hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
DREAM (formerly Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as After-School Youth Workers in our elementary (REAL Kids) and middle school programs. The ideal candidate will be able to join DREAM for the full commitment of after-school, which runs from September through June.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a group of up to 18-20 youth in daily after-school activities including sports, social-emotional learning, enrichment and academic support;
• Facilitate or co-facilitate lessons to help youth build their social and emotional skills;
• Collaborate with team to plan & facilitate various enrichment activities;
• Support with homework completion and other academic enrichment;
• Model and encourage positive participation in all daily activities, with a focus on teambuilding;
• Model professionalism through consistent attendance, timeliness and preparation;
• Supervise and manage youth behavior at all times using positive youth development strategies;
• Participate in weekly professional development and tactical trainings in addition to formal feedback and coaching.
• High school diploma or equivalent required;
• Minimum of 1 year working with and record of success groups of school-age children in a classroom or other youth development setting;
• Experience with behavior management systems, including positive youth development, preferred;
• Belief in the outcomes of the DREAM List, including the importance of social emotional competency and advocacy for self and others;
• Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, preferred;
• Exhibits high energy, warmth, enthusiasm and patience in working with youth;
• Demonstrated interest in assisting students with homework;
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team setting.
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM HOURS
• Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1:30-5:45 pm and Tuesday and Thursday, 2:00-5:45 pm OR
• OR Monday-Thursday, 3-6pm and Friday, 12-6pm (subject to change based on placement)
• $15-$17 per hour, commensurate with experience