A lifestyle brand (www.ol-newyork.com)
òL New York Design Intern
This is an internship for college credit. You will assist our company in designing. The internship will last for six months.
You can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with the following activities:
- Sew (on machine & by hand) creative samples in each stage of the product development process.
- Drawing and sketching flats by hand and by Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Assisting with line sheets
- Assisting the designer with concepts and bodies for future seasons
- Organization and management of fabric library
- Organization and upkeep of digital collection library
- Running errands/visiting Garment district
- Swatching fabric and trim swatching
- Spotting fashion trends
- Assist in fittings with models
- Assisting at photo shoots & trade shows etc.
- Research and concept development (mood boards, trend reports etc..)
- Research and source new materials, suppliers and manufacturers
- Experiment with materials, shape, construction and finishing
- Assist the Designer in pattern development and spec sheets
This is a very hands-on internship. We need a great student designer who is creative and willing to work hard!
To be considered for an internship, you must:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university
- Interns must be available at least 2-3 days per week
- Interns must be residing in the New York City area
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
All duties will be distributed at showroom site: 510 W 27th ST. New York NY 10001 . We will meet daily to assess progress and deliver new projects.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers