I am seeking a Booker for our elite NYC Event Staffing Company. We staff waiters, bartenders, and chefs for high-end events, such as weddings, corporate events, bar/bat mitzvahs, and private home parties. Our staff sees some of the most elegant events and exclusive places. You'd be joining our exclusive team.
This job is a part time job that averages 20 hours per week, but it varies wildly by season. While our company culture is fun, the expectations are high, you're deciding a lot of people's income, and I have exacting standards. This job requires a lot of attention to detail, stellar people skills, being smart as a whip, and willingness to lead by example. What I'm looking for in this role is for you to represent our company in such a manner that our team will say, "I love working with him/her/that unicorn."
You'd be the liaison between all 200 temporary staff and the gigs they are put on. I would lean on you to make sure everyone is happy, questions are answered, and standards are met.
Very important: When this job is busy, it's busy. When it's not, it's not.
Ex: This job is seasonal. During busy season, you may be required to work any day of the week. Flexibility is required. This job is not congruent with a full time job or a job that requires you to be away from your phone.
Ex: This job is not congruent with auditioning. I cannot lose you to a gig.
Ex: The most popular event day is Saturday. Working in events means being prepared for weekend work. If there is an event happening, you must be available to check in on the event and be available during that timespan in case of emergencies.
Please note, there is no office, so I have you track your hours using an app. Work in your underwear (unless we're doing a video call, obvs)!
Tactical Work Listing:
1. Regularly interview and hire stellar waiters, bartenders, and chefs to join the team.
2. Book staff for events on an ongoing basis, as events are sold.
3. Work diligently to maintain event details, which are constantly changing.
4. Keep in constant communication with clients and staff in regards to any changes.
5. Enforce uniform and behavior policies, administering strikes promptly as needed.
6. Review and approve staff hours with great care and quick timing.
7. Record all event details in tracking spreadsheets.
8. Meet with me weekly to review our needs and your job processes.
9. Maintain and update system documents that describe in detail the steps you take to complete your job.
10. Complete other booking tasks as directed.
11. Answer all Slack messages with the same urgency as text messages (i.e. not to be left unanswered overnight or over the weekend).
1. Check and answer emails 7 days per week and multiple times per day. We are working with humans. Things always happen and change.
2. If you cannot answer an email immediately, reply and let them know you're working on it. When away, put up an away message.
3. As a company, we do not play with people's money. Paying on-time, or being VERY communicative when we can't, is priority!
4. Maintain a positive "ain't nothin' but a hairflip" attitude with anyone you interact with. Attitude is e'rrthang!! You better be patient, fun, and eager!
5. The confidentiality and confidence of company information will be maintained.
6. Demonstrate the willingness to be a team player and hard worker since you'll be an example to others of what we expect. You are the face of my company for all of my temporary staff.
7. Be flexible. Cuz, hey, things often change. There are things we will discover together.
8. Advanced spreadsheet skills a must.
9. Proper grammar, proper punctuation, and clear communication skills are a must.
10. You must be smart AF. If it takes you 3 times to learn a new skill or work on an app, this is not the job for you. This job is very demanding and requires the ability to multitask, transfer data from one program to another with no errors, and double-check your own work.
Looking forward to some qualified submissions.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers