QR Code Link to This Post
Provide security to highly sensitive public and private client locations through patrols, monitoring and access control.
● Secures property and personnel by patrolling, scanning and controlling facilities, grounds and access points.
● Maintains a secure and safe environment by monitoring access control systems.
● Completes reports from recorded observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities and questions visitors.
● Responds to emergencies, reports irregularities, informs violators of policies, protocols and procedures and restraining trespassers.
● Maintains the organization's integrity and reputation by complying with operational, procedural and legal requirements.
● Ensures that security equipment is functioning regularly by conducting preventive maintenance, following the manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
● Attends all Company MANDATORY training sessions throughout the year. Reviews and understands Company protocols and procedures takes part in training.
● Performs additional tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
● Must be at least 18 years of age.
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● A Degree in Criminal Justice a plus.
● Military or law enforcement background preferred, security officer license a plus.
● Intermediate computer and electronic communication skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
● Ability to cope with emergencies and uncertainties; ability to adhere to operational planning and procedures; surveillance skills; ability to exercise sound judgment and objectivity; dependable; ability to sustain emotional control; honesty and integrity; professionalism; reporting skills.
Ability to stoop, stand, walk, crouch or crawl for long times. Ability to stand for long hours. Ability to work in adverse conditions including changing seasons (rain, snow, sleet, hail, etc.) Suit & tie dress code required.
Job Type: On-Call, Full-Time or Part-Time
Required license or certification: New York State Armed or Unarmed Security License, NYS Driver's License for Nassau County locations.
You may schedule a phone screening that best suits your schedule by clicking the link below.
*Please note we have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Westchester, Nassau County and New Jersey.