This is a unique opportunity for someone wanting Administrative experience to kick-start their career and learn the ins-and-outs of the e-commerce industry.
The ideal candidate will bring strong organizational and planning skills, excellent attention to detail, and possesses an analytical mind. This person should be smart, engaging, coachable and unflappable. The successful candidate will be capable of managing a multitude of tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced start-up environment.
You will be working closely with the company CEO and supporting their day-to-day responsibilities. There will be minimal customer interaction while focusing almost entirely on backend functions and vendor correspondence. Typical responsibilities include expense and invoice review and approval, document preparation, making bank deposits, and serving as the first set of eyes to detect fiscal problems or concerns with our myriad vendor accounts.
Experience in this role or in the company's field of industry is not required. Hard work and exceptional performance is recognized, nurtured and rewarded. Growth opportunities are abundant and we believe in promoting the right person frequently. The ideal candidate recognizes the growth opportunity of this position and is hungry to grow with the company long term.
- Support the day-to-day responsibilities of the CEO and management
- Ensure there is alignment between vendor statements and expected charges and remediate discrepancies
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Follow up on insurance and refund claims
- Interact with key contacts at our vendor partners to solve billing disputes, arrange meetings, and potentially explore new business opportunities
- Create and maintain organized record-keeping of various official filings and correspondence as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and especially Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organization, planning and follow-up skills
- Understand how to prioritize projects with a focus on impact
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
Compensation: $36K salary with plenty of room for growth
We are a premier online distributor of Security Products located in New Hyde Park, NY. We carry a complete line of CCTV, Access Control, Low-Voltage Systems, Fire, Burglar and Locking equipment in addition to various Audio/Video supplies and related electronics. Our office is easily accessible by LIRR and Bus.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers