compensation: $14.00 / hour to start, with room for growth. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Phoenix Metal Products is a growing metal fabrication and manufacturing company that makes metal cabinets, boxes, brackets, machined and welded items. We are located in Freeport, approximately 2 blocks from the train and bus station.
We are looking to hire motivated people for entry-level positions in our manufacturing operations. We will provide training and you will learn some amazing skills here.
• Operating machinery (including a wide variety of CNC machinery)
• Using precision measuring tools to inspect your work
• Assembling products
• Packaging items for shipment
• Assistance with welding and cutting
• Metal finishing (grinding, polishing)
Direct experience is not necessary - WE WILL TRAIN YOU. However, applicants must be quick learners, must be mechanically inclined, must have good attention to detail and have good problem solving skills. Experience with construction or mechanic type work is helpful but not required.
• Must be technically oriented and "handy"
• Must have experience with using tools
• General ability to use computers and the internet
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Good eyesight (glasses or contact lenses are OK)
• Basic mathematical skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers and decimals). Must be able to do it manually on paper, or using a calculator.
• Must speak and read English.
We offer a 401K / Profit sharing retirement plan, and a generous amount of paid time off (paid vacation, sick days, and all major holidays).
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm. Overtime is available until 6pm daily.
Starting pay: $14.00 / hour with room for growth.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers