Established Flooring Company located in Roslyn Heights is currently seeking a Flooring Estimator. The ideal candidate for this position should have extensive knowledge in Hardwood Flooring, VCT, LVT, and Carpet material and installation.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Download floor plans and uses a software system(Callidus, AutoDesk, CAD, etc) to measure plans accurately and do take-offs
• Work with GCs and end-users to make sure plans are being completed 100%, and also keep it up with changes, addendums, and VE options
• Prepare all information on to a spreadsheet for Project Managers
• Prepare shop drawings and submittals
• Work with project managers to assure projects have all materials accounted for
Knowledge and Skills
• Carpet pattern layout
• Flooring & construction experience and previous estimating experience are pluses
• Strong Computer Skills (Proficient in Excel, word, office, Dropbox, etc.
• Strong Communication skills, excellent organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Experience with reading blueprints and project specifications
• Ability to estimate projects
• Self-motivated with keen attention to detail
• Ability to work as a team on projects as well as take initiative and work alone