Large scale Halloween themed art installation in Old Westbury, NY is looking for Artists and Art Assistants. This is a great opportunity for artists to network, expand their resume, and GET PAID while doing it!
We are looking for approximately 50 Artists to assist in the creation of this exhibit. The work will predominantly be the carving, gutting, placing, and lighting of very simple Jack O’Lanterns. For those interested, we also extend the opportunity to work during the event in various show staff positions such as ticket scanners and trail ushers as well as assist with setup and breakdown of the event.
We are looking for artists of all skill levels. You don’t need to be a Michelangelo or Picasso. Just have a good eye, a love of Halloween, and the ability to work safely. These Jack O’Lanterns will be simple, but they must be clean and expressive.
The rate for this work is $20.00 per hour.
• You must be punctual, attentive, artistically inclined, and have a good attitude.
• You must also be able to follow directions and use basic hand tools safely.
• You must be willing to get dirty! The installation is being constructed outside, rain or shine (you will have tent coverage). There will be thousands of pumpkins and dozens of people working. Things are bound to get messy!
• If you do not drive, please check to see if the public transportation options are viable for you. Old Westbury, Long Island can be a bit off the beaten path and train and bus service is limited.
• Work will be available most days and several evenings in October. We ask that you keep a fairly open schedule during the month and are able to commit to most days.
• Day Carves:
October 18th, 19th & 20th, 25th, 26th & 27th
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
• Night Carves and Show Staff:
October 4th, 5th & 6th, 11th, 12th & 13th, 17th, 18th , 19th & 20th, 24th, 25th , 26th , 27th & 28th
5:30 pm – 11:30 pm
October 7th & 14th
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
• Final Cleanup:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Please respond with your full name, email address, and phone number.
• Please also include a sample of your work and information on your availability. If you don’t have work samples, just let us know why you would be a good fit for the project.
SUBMISSIONS THAT FAIL TO INCLUDE ALL OF THIS INFORMATION WILL BE IGNORED.
All applicants that submit the required information will be seriously considered and all acceptable submissions will receive further details about the project.
Want to learn more about our event? Visit www.TheRISE.org!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers