compensation: Competitive Salary Range from $50,000 - $65,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
theCoderSchool is the top Silicon Valley based after-school program for kids learning to code. Our individualized teaching methodology gets kids engaged, having fun, and learning at the same time. Our startup energy and vibe and customized project-based teaching is what sets us apart from the rest. With over 20 locations across the country and over 2,000 total students, we're ready to bring out the inner hacker in those young coders.
The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let's get our young generation ready. Learn to Code, Change the World. www.thecoderschool.com
theCoderSchool is looking for an awesome General Manager (GM) to head up our Long Island locations as we expand!! A GM is responsible for everything that happens in the school. You will work with an awesome staff of Code Coaches and coordinators, meet incredible kids and parents, and see smiles coming in and going out the door.
This position rocks because you will:
• Mentor, grow, and hire an awesome staff of Code Coaches
• Meet and relate with parents - many of whom will be techies themselves, who work at some of the best companies and startups in the area
• Best of all, you'll help your community's next generation learn the skills they require in an increasingly technical world.
The bulk of the GM's responsibilities revolve around managing parents, students, and the overall school operations. A GM with a technical background may also be asked to teach lessons. All staff at the location (typically 10-15 part time employees) will report to the GM. This is a full-time position which requires onsite management during our hours of operations (typically 3-8pm weekdays, and some weekend hours), and time at various other hours throughout the day for offsite work. The key areas of responsibility are:
1. Day to Day Operations - Scheduling, Customer Service, Parent Management, Billing, and much more. This is often the bulk of a GM's responsibilities.
2. School Growth – Marketing, nurturing leads, scheduling trials, closing sales – in short, growing the school. While a marketing budget may be allotted, the GM must also spend with an eye towards return on the investment.
3. Staff Management – Hiring and firing, ensuring accountability, checking lesson quality (i.e., student satisfaction)
4. School Vibe – Meeting parents, high fiving kids, starting a community within the school. Our schools are fun and energizing. Whether moving furniture around or holding ping-pong tournaments or decorating for Christmas, we look to the GM to make sure the school is cool as can be.
5. Special Events – Coordinating special events such as periodic Coder Fairs or Raspberry Pi nights, or other events, which may be held at various times.
6. What Else? Everything else. If the bathroom needs cleaning or the lights need changing, get your gloves on! If it is part of the success of this school, we'll look to our GM to drive and get it done (or get someone to get it done!)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers