Job Summary: Houser LLP, a commercial and business litigation law firm, is seeking a Administrative/Legal Assistant to join its team. This Assistant will support litigation attorneys and will be responsible for scheduling appointments and travel for attorneys, calendaring hearing dates and deadlines, complex editing and formatting of legal documents and e-filing. Must be able to follow instruction, multitask, and work effectively in a team environment.
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
• Supporting multiple litigation attorneys in a fast-paced environment.
• Scheduling appointments, attorney travel arrangements and court hearing dates.
• Composing, drafting and revising documents and legal forms.
• Calendaring hearing dates, important deadlines and completing pre-trial calendar checklists.
• Complex editing and formatting of legal documents, including creating tables of contents and points of authority
• Filing legal documents using e-filing programs in state, federal and out-of-state jurisdictions.
• Organizing and indexing files as well as updating firm's case management software.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experienced with state and federal e-filing.
• Ability to create tables of contents and tables of authority without assistance.
• Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Self-motivated and a quick learner.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written). Able to work cohesively in a team environment
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Ability to handle increasing amounts of responsibility.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 1 years of experience in litigation support (paralegal certificate a plus)
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel required.
• Experience with Abacus, Legal Solutions and Prolaw preferred.