ArkOne Contracting, LLC seeks four (4) candidates to staff two (2) asbestos abatement crews in Connecticut. ArkOne is an asbestos abatement contractor licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health.
QR Code Link to This Post
EXPECTATIONS FOR SUPERVISORS
• Reviews job specifications and implements abatement measures defined within work scope;
• Examines workers' equipment, such as respirator systems, air evacuation and filtration systems, and air quality testing devices, to check that they meet company and government safety standards;
• Assigns and supervises workers in specific tasks, such as setup of equipment and removal and clean-up of asbestos;
• Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in removing asbestos from pipes and heating ducts;
• Assist workers in removal activities;
• Instructs workers in safety and removal procedures;
• Monitors and inspects quality of work during project;
• Maintain project records and order supplies;
• Maintains project and required documentation;
• All other related duties as required.
• 2 year of related work experience in abatement;
• HS Diploma or equivalent;
• Supervisor: Valid CT-DPH Asbestos Abatement Supervisor License;
• Worker: Valid CT-DPH Asbestos Abatement Worker Certification:
• Requires a valid, acceptable driver's license and transportation to travel to project sites, as regular daily travel is required.
• Handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job;
• Communicate with colleagues, supervisors, and clients using Company email and telephone systems;
• Move around on the job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning oneself appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, usually for prolonged periods of time;
• Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs regularly, such as wood (2x4's and/or plywood sheets), negative air machines, HEPA vacuums, ladders, rolls of 6 mil plastic, or other applicable equipment or materials.
• Only Connecticut residents with CT Asbestos Abatement certifications will be considered for these job positions.
• Qualified candidates, please send your salary requirements and resume in PDF format.