compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
*** MUST HAVE EXCAVATION - UNDERGROUND UTILITY EXPERIENCE * *
A.J. Penna & Son, is a Construction Company based in Fairfield County CT that specializes in Underground Utility Excavation. We are seeking an experienced Pipe Layer/Skilled Laborer for immediate hire. We are a family owned business for over 65 years and offer competitive wages, medical benefits, 401K & overtime. We keep our crews working steadily year-round.
Primary Responsibility: Install underground utilities using different types of pipe (DIP, PVC, and HDPE) and drainage structures. Read and understand drawings. Work with heavy equipment take the lead in the excavation, check grade, and install pipe and/or drainage structures.
- Experience with installation & repair of water mains; has performed water tap and is able to lead the diagnose & repair of water main
- Experience in repairing sewer main
- Has knowledge of electrical underground conduit installation
- Experience in working with drainage systems and has the ability to make repairs
Daily Duties Include:
- Assist in locating existing utilities; assist in tapping/tie-in to existing water mains
- Align and position pipes/drainage structures to prepare them for installation in a trench or excavation
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints by using gaskets or glue
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials and compact using compaction equipment
- Cut pipes to required lengths; install fittings and valves, etc.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths and proper slopes by guiding the equipment operator
- Pre-assemble pipe fittings for water main and force main installation in accordance with plans and specifications.
(The above description covers the general duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete of responsibilities.)
- Must have extensive knowledge of Water, Electric & Sewer Installation and Repair
- The ability to read plans & specifications
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Drug Screen, Driving Record & Background Check
- OSHA 10
- Legal working Status
- Competitive Wages (based on experience)
- Medical Benefits (including dental & vision)
- 401K (w/employer match)
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays (after 3 months)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers