compensation: $50,000 to $60,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sweet Sam's Baking Company is one of New York's finest bakeries and is based in a 75,000 sq. ft. facility in the Bronx. For over 25 years, we have been baking premium quality baked goods for businesses of all sizes, from neighborhood coffee bars and local gourmet markets to regional distributors and national and international food services.
Job Description: The Design and Copy Lead helps with the day to day development and management of products with an emphasis on packaging, labeling, specification sheets, and product photography. This position is both creative and technical, with some work being carried out in-house, and other aspects coordinated with printing companies and packaging suppliers. Many hats are worn. The designer also performs copy writing/editing for company communications, assists with promotions, manages website content, and executes the company's social media strategy. The ideal candidate will be prepared to work smarter, not harder, automating workflows for improved efficiency, accuracy, and speed.
* Writing: You are the voice of the company and must be capable of delivering flawless written communication in a way which complements the sophistication for which the Sweet Sam's brand is known.
* Office Suites: Ability to use any office suite software on an intermediate to advanced level, with particular skill in the area of templates, automation, and familiarity with basic spreadsheet/database concepts. Specific experience with LibreOffice and Google Drive preferred, but willingness and ability to learn and adapt to all standard software required.
* Graphics & Publishing Software: You must be prepared to demonstrate intermediate to advanced ability with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, or their open source counterparts, including GIMP, Inkscape, and Scribus.
* Photography: Experience working with light boxes and shooting difficult subjects, such as products in transparent packaging.
* Web Marketing: Familiarity with various social media approaches and search optimization, as well as experience working with Google Adwords and other advertising networks.
* General IT: Understanding of file organization and access control required. The ideal candidate will know how to automate routine tasks to streamline processes and eliminate errors associated with double entry.
* Operating Systems: Proficiency with Windows required and Linux experience is a plus. We do not use MacOS.
* Learning New Tricks: Google is an extension of your brain. You have a knack for finding answers when others give up.
* Bachelors degree (English or visual arts majors preferred) or equivalent experience
* Discerning attention to both aesthetic and technical detail. No pixels misaligned.
* Hands-on approach. Food industry experience helpful.
* Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Company sponsored health plan
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers