Upscale Modern Barbershop Seeks Receptionist
QR Code Link to This Post
A little bit about what we offer to our customers:
- Walk-ins and appointments
- Men's, women's, and kids' cuts
- Witty banter
- Chilled Prosecco and Italian Coffee
- Hot-towel facial massages
- Smooth Straight-razor Shaves
Our shop is small and vintage in style; we have only three chairs and offer an intimate relaxed friendly environment. We are hip but provide an unpretentious atmosphere. One of the most important qualities we seek in our receptionist is that they are laid back, upbeat, outgoing, open-minded and friendly with clients and coworkers.
What we want from you:
- Talent and the ability to work efficiently
- Be a proactive team-player, taking initiative to take care of the shop and our customers
- A classy demeanor - we like our shop to have style
- Cleanliness, professionalism and great work ethic
- An understanding of and enjoyment in providing great customer service
- An upbeat, positive attitude, accepting of all life-styles, sexualities, gender-expressions and races
+++ Interest in Salon Industry a plus!
- Answer phone calls for bookings and inquires
- Greet clients and offer refreshments
- Schedule/book appointments
- Assist clients/answer questions
- Inventory/restock retail products
- Help maintain a clean presence i.e. organizing the shop, light dusting, laundry, clearing glasses/cups from the tables, etc.
Please keep in mind this is not a "desk position"; The receptionist must be mobile and always present throughout the shop. Periodically checking on clients, sweeping the floor between/after each client, tidying the backroom (washing/drying glasses, refilling water pitcher etc.) and tending to the barbers and their stations.
This is a Full Time position and we're looking candidates for both of our locations.
422 Graham Ave
86 Greenpoint Ave
If you think you'll be a valuable member of our family at The Land of Barbers, contact us by email.
- And initial availability for an interview/trial shift