PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY AND DO NOT EMAIL YOUR RESUME!
QR Code Link to This Post
Get the Skills and Certifications you Need to Enter a Career in Telecommunications with this Scholarship Opportunity!
Apply for our Level 1 Low Voltage Cable Technician BICSI Cabling Class + Job Placement For 2-Years
BROOKLYN NETWORKS IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR THE JANUARY 2019 TRAINING CYCLE.
Brooklyn Networks is a free 6-week, intensive, hands-on cable training program that will help you start a career in the field of Network Cable Installation/Information Systems. Cable Technicians install the lines that run behind walls and ceilings that are hooked up to computers, telephones, security systems, A/V Equipment and broadcast cable. This is a CO-ED Training Program,
with a Selective application process. We only accept 16 students per class, and no more than 5 students without a driver's license!
**Having a valid Driver's License increases the amount of job placement opportunities to you after graduation.**
What You Will Receive from Brooklyn Networks Training:
•Intensive hands-on and theoretical training from an industry professional, utilizing the BICSI curriculum.
•Professional development training (resume and cover letter writing, interview prep, industry insight).
•Job placement assistance for at least 2 years after graduation.
•OSHA 30-hour Certificate for Construction Safety
•Opportunity to test for the BICSI Level 1 Certification
ALL AT NO COST TO YOU!
1. You MUST attend an information session. They are held every Tuesday at 10:00 Sharp!
Last 4 Days to Apply:
•Thursday, December 20th
•Thursday, December 27th
•Thursday, January 3rd
2. You do not need to pre-register for the session- just come on time. Latecomers will not be admitted in to the Information Session.
More dates are posted here: http://bwiny.org/event-category/brooklyn-networks/
3. Be prepared to stay for about 3 hours. A TABE Reading and Math test will be given.
4. The next steps in the application process will also be explained during the information session.
5. Bring your Driver's License or State ID.
DO NOT EMAIL YOUR RESUMÉ!
TO QUALIFY FOR THE TRAINING YOU MUST:
1. Unemployed or underemployed.
2. Be a New York City resident.
3. 18 Years or older.
4. Legally eligible to work in the United States.
5. Able to attend class everyday, Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm for 6 weeks.
6. Able to pass a drug test and be physically fit/able to lift 70lbs.
7. Be able to pass a reading and math test at/or above the 8th grade level.
8. NOT be color blind.
Brooklyn Networks is located at:
621 Degraw Street (Between 3rd and 4th Avenue)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
*DRIVING NOT RECOMMENDED
Take the 2,3,4,5 to Atlantic Avenue/Barclays and transfer to the R train to Union Street in Brooklyn, walk two blocks toward the clock tower and make a left onto Degraw Street.
Thank You & Good Luck!
Find us on Social Media!