Full time sales position is available in our upscale, vintage, furniture, art and lighting design store/prop rental showroom now in it's 25th year in Brooklyn. We are seeking a professional, dependable, detail oriented, organized individual to handle sales and logistics. Applicant must have design sales experience in a retail store/showroom environment that requires specific attention to detail and care of furniture, lighting and objects of a one-of-a-kind and rare nature. This job requires focus and aptitude for sales, follow-up, customer service, logistics, inventory control and constant change of visual installations. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn all aspects of our brand, and can take on responsibilities.
Design retail sales experience is required. Design and interiors background including knowledge of 20th century design esthetics, periods and designers is necessary. Online marketing, social media, Photoshop, etc. experience is a plus. Knowledge of antiques is a plus.
We would like to meet you if can:
- Handle all aspects of sales and rentals
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Maintain and cultivate retail and trade client relationships
- Assist in online marketing and sales on various selling platforms
- Merchandise, handle visual display to maintain a fresh innovative retail atmosphere
- Handle inventory maintanence and price items in store
- Handle logistics and period furniture and art objects
- You have a strong work ethic, are highly focused and capable of multitasking in a busy retail environment and be self motivated during downtime.
Position can be full or part time and does include weekends.
Please send resume and cover-letter in the body of your email.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.