We’re looking for an Office Manager who will report directly to the business owner.
QR Code Link to This Post
You'll be exposed to every aspect of our specialty food company - including: the retail side of the business (a cafe, a food truck, online sales and catering) and our growing wholesale and distribution business.
The Office Administrator plays an integral role in supporting business operations/growth by maintaining office systems, helping to develop new office systems, and assisting with the management of staff and processes. You will be trained in all of the administrative aspects of the business and you'll be responsible for overseeing the same.
• Helping to maintain and update office policies, procedures, manuals, and files
• Helping to maintain software applications - Google docs, CRM, Xero etc
• Answering Office phone line, answering customer queries or referring them to the correct person
• Calendarizing events/appointments, tracking catering events etc
• Light bookkeeping duties - we use Xero (a willingness to learn more would be beneficial)
• Creation of invoices for catering, wholesale orders
• Assist with planning production schedules for kitchen staff, maintain staff work schedules
• Enforcing office policies and procedures
• Delegating tasks, where appropriate, to optimize overall office efficiency
• Light collections duties (usually just email reminders, the heavy-lifting is done by the owner)
• Preparing payroll weekly
• Manage incoming/outgoing mail/email
• Helping to maintain client relations, customer service.
• Helping oversee kitchen/office inventory, stock/ingredient ordering.
• Work with management team - meetings, planning, analysis, marketing campaigns etc
• Jumping in to help with catering activity, order packing etc on particularly busy days and weeks
• Support of the owner's sale activity - CRM, follow-up emails/calls, Direct Marketing tracking etc
You will also need to bring the following to this position:
• Passion for learning and acquiring new skills
• Operational efficiency and attention to detail
• Strong level of comfort with email and phone client correspondence
• Proficiency in commonly used software - Google Docs, Google Sheets and Similar Programs
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be reliable, flexible and versatile
We're looking for a team leader who cultivates a positive/strong work ethic and who has a professional attitude.
You'll need to be organized and able to juggle multiple ongoing tasks while prioritizing well. You'll need to delegate tasks effectively and be a clear communicator.
Pay rate will be dependent upon experience level. This is a full-time position - 35-40 hours per week - there is is some flexibility in the hours worked. Ability to help on occasional weekend is advantageous but not essential.
[We're not currently able to offer health benefits, though that is something we hope to offer in time.]
TO APPLY: Include your resume in your application and please (briefly) answer the following, keeping your responses brief (no additional cover letter needed):
1 - what attracts you to this position and why are you a good fit for this role?
2 - what experience do you have that is similar to what is described in this job description?
3 - what are you looking to earn on an hourly rate/salary?
Eventually we'll require at least two professional references from former employers or managers, we don't need this now but please be prepared to provide this information when asked.