compensation: competitive, DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A great candidate needed for a competitive Brooklyn jewelry Brand
• Research and Procurement of finished jewelry, loose diamonds, colored gemstones, packaging supplies, and jewelry displays;
• Creating purchase orders in inventory management system for any and all orders placed;
• Verifying quantity and pricing of orders received against purchase orders and working with vendors and store management to resolve any discrepancies;
• Facilitating communication between the Sales Professional for Wholesale orders, Repairs, store inventory and resupplies to ensure timely procurement of items that meets each department timeline and budgetary needs;
• Assisting in the development & refinement of procurement procedures and tools, i.e. vendor database, sales reports, etc.;
• Assign work to in house jeweler; and braiding studio assistant and sample maker.
• Assisting in the development of reports of specific categories in order to better inform purchasing decisions on vendor performance.
• Developing and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of vendor specialties and preferred methods of communication;
• Discovery of new vendors that fall in line with our quality standards in conjunction with preferred business practices;
• Furthering vendor rapport by coordinating with accounting department to ensure timely payment of invoices;
• Working with our Japanese associates, satisfying their needs.
• Working with social responsibility team to shorten supply chain and ensure ethical sourcing of all goods and supplies;
• Manage day-to-day operations. (receiving, sales order management, and braiding team).
• Manage inventory control.
• Visit stone dealers and casting manufacturers to obtain materials
The ideal candidate for this position will:
• Possess excellent analytical skills
• Be efficient, strategic, and detail-obsessed
• Be an excellent communicator
• Have the ability to think outside-the-box and creatively problem-solve
• Be a motivated individual, interested in pursuing a career in the jewelry industry
• Be interested in long-term growth with an established company
• Have a positive and professional attitude
• Be responsible, reliable, punctual, hard-working and energetic; loves working smart
• Love working as part of a fast-paced and supportive team
• Maintain the highest ethical standards; and
• Love to serve individuals as they wish to be served
• Candidate Qualifications:
• Must know fine jewelry
• Some knowledge of vermeil and jewelry made with fiber a bonus
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills–both in person and over the phone, as well as via email, text and all other social media services
• Must know diamonds and colored stones.
• Familiarity with Excel/Numbers, and Google Drive a plus;
• GIA (Gemological Institute of America) coursework preferred but not required
• High School diploma required. College coursework preferred.
For consideration: Please email with your Cover letter, resume and a brief description of how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Job Level: Mid level
Availability: immediate placement
Scheduled Hours (0-40): 40+
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers