compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Senior Interior Designer for Elizabeth Roberts Architecture & Design
Brooklyn based Architecture and Design firm is seeking an experienced Senior Interior Designer to join our team of architects and interior designers.
The ideal person will have a minimum of 8-10+ years of design experience with the ability to help mentor younger designers.
This person will be working directly with Principal and Managing Director and involved in decision making and client interface.
Ideal candidate must have strong leadership and project management skills, demonstrated business development success and confident presentation skills.
Great opportunity for a highly motivated and well-rounded designer seeking responsibility with challenging projects in a creative work environment to work with a growing and talented team.
- Develop and coordinate design concepts and functional requirements of a project from initial meeting through construction.
- Lead client presentations and meetings
- Attend meetings with potential clients
- Project Management, including oversight of junior team members, responsible for proposals sent to clients, project budgets, timelines and reports.
- Preparation of proposals and invoices to be sent to client. Data entry in design firm accounting software to record purchases by job.
- Requesting samples, sample sourcing, follow up with vendors and subcontractors
- Attendance at client presentations, project meetings and site visits
- Manage shipping & receipt of all purchased items from time of sourcing through to final installation, with special attention to all deadlines and details
- Preparation of lighting, electrical, finishes, and furniture plans
- Act as liaison between the design firm, vendors and subcontractors including visits to project sites and vendor workrooms to oversee status & progress of fabrication and construction
- Design & Drafting; including space planning, furniture plans, reflected ceiling plans, interior elevations, electrical, construction & millwork details
- Extensive project management experience
- Possess an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while exhibiting initiative in management of all intra-office priorities
- Minimum of five years' experience in project management and interior design
- Minimum education: Bachelor of interior design
- Knowledge of national brands, sources, showrooms and retail stores
- Proficient in AutoCAD, ability to sketch by hand
- Personality that thrives in a very close-knit team setting; excellent interpersonal skills and customer service sensibilities
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and a mastery of organizational and time management skills
Experience with billing and contracts for interior design preferred but not required.
This is a full-time opportunity including benefits. Your application will ONLY be considered if you meet the above requirements and ONLY if you reply to this Craigslist ad with your resume, your portfolio or work samples and project list.
You will receive a response by e-mail if we would like to schedule a phone or in person interview.
Elizabeth Roberts Architecture & Design
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers