Select NYC Millwork is a high-end millwork and furniture producer in New York City. We are looking for an analytical and knowledgeable millwork Engineer to join the team. The job entails interpreting and engineering production drawings for production and installation teams. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of millwork construction and production methods and techniques with an excellent skillset of the design software.
1. Read, analyze, calculate, interpret, and understand architectural drawings and specification documents.
2. Prepare production ready shop drawings with exact construction and specification details.
3. Value engineer the project ensuring optimal use of materials, construction methodology, manufacturing and installation to achieve design intent.
4. Modifying customers design for functionality and structural integrity
5. Communicate with the client to approve shop drawings and present the plan to the production team.
6. Prepare CNC programs per the project requirements
7. Work independently to move drawings and CNC operations ahead without supervision
8. Operate CNC router if/when necessary
9. Maintain organized CAD files/folders as required
1. Millwork production: 10 years
2. Manufacturing industry experience: 7 years
3. Exceptional knowledge of woodworking construction techniques and methods
4. Excellent knowledge of materials, lighting, fixtures, and hardware.
5. AutoCAD, Microvellum, Cabinet Vision, Cut Rite, BlueBeam and/or Alpha Cam experience preferred
6. Computer experience in Excel and Word.
7. High level of commercial construction blueprint reading skills preferred
8. Proficient in programming millwork, casework, and retail fixture parts.
9. Background in millwork and furniture engineering,
10. Proficient knowledge in CNC programming for wood, solid surface and acrylic applications
11. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Math or similar preferred
12. Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
13. Excellent communication skills
14. Must read, write, and speak English
15. Self-motivation with the ability to work unsupervised
16. Be familiar with millwork construction and drawing requirements to adhere to the industry's governing bodies (AWI, QCP, LEED, FSC, etc.)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers