The Chief Estimator will oversee estimating professionals that collaborate with professionals including sales, purchasing agents, architects, and engineers to provide a cost-effective estimating solution that fosters the purchase of fabrication, and erection services. This is a senior level position, responsible to lead, manage, plan, coordinate, and direct the estimating function. Actively participates in the development and implementation of department standards, procedures and process improvement. Responsible for review of all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
• Responsible for all work performed within the Estimating Department.
• Verifies that the work performed is accurate and complete.
• Responsible for assembling and calculating all labor costs and standards.
• Works with Sales and Executive Management to develop competitive job bids.
• Manages the performance of all subordinate Estimators.
• Prepare pricing estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts.
• Read and understand job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a "take off" of materials included in the job, estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
• Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, steel erection labor, equipment and transportation costs to arrive at full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve Company's goals.
• Ability to read, interpret and clarify blueprint plans and specifications. Basic mathematical skills and attention to detail. Language ability include reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on technical topics and ability to lead the estimating functions with other members of the management team.
• Thorough understanding of mathematical computations, percentages and geometry.
• Developing Budgets
• Reporting Skills
A minimum of (4-7) years related experience estimating and bidding on structural steel and heavy plate projects with 5 years as a Senior Estimator. Prior supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
HS Diploma or Equivalent. A bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management is highly preferred.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers