compensation: 40-65/hour, based on experience, performance, availability employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A private, New York-based tutoring and learning company is looking to hire new, qualified tutors, primarily for early childhood and elementary level students. We have a warm, welcoming, family-style work environment and work as a team to continue making our company a prominent member of the communities we serve. We have recently expanded to new areas of New York, including downtown Brooklyn (Park Slope, Carroll Gardens, Dumbo, etc.) and the UES/UWS of Manhattan and are looking to add new tutors in these areas.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- MUST have a bachelor's degree and in be in some form of either graduate studies or working in a related field to education.
- MUST speak native level, non-accented English.
- MUST have a minimum of 3-4 days (including at least one weekend) available for after school hours, 3-8 PM, and be available to work at minimum 8-12 hours weekly.
- PREFERRED bilingual in Russian, Hebrew, or French.
- MUST have experience with education, and or related fields including speech, psychology, speech language pathology, early childhood development, etc.
About the job:
- You will be working as an in-home tutor, holding sessions at students' homes. Lessons are typically one - one and half hours long, but vary depending on the program selected for that student.
- You must go through our company training which is located in South Brooklyn (Brighton Beach) prior to beginning working. This training is unpaid however rewarded with a small stipend upon successful completion.
- Salary ranges from $40-65/hour strongly depending on your qualifications and performance.
- You will be required to sign a year-long contract, non-disclosure agreement, confidentiality agreement, and non-compete agreement. We do not allow dual employment with another tutoring company or privately offered tutoring while working with our company.
- We provide all materials and tools for your work, and offer consistent guidance throughout your initial working period and beyond. We invest in our tutors and build a long-lasting relationship with our team members and clientele.
- Our clientele are of a particular caliber and require both discretion, professionalism, and top-notch results. You will be trained in the latest educational methodologies, including those developed by our company's founder.
If you feel as though you are a good fit for this position, please send your resume, a cover letter describing your candidacy, work availability, salary requirements, and a brief description of yourself.
PLEASE NOTE: any applications received missing any of the above factors or those not meeting the requirements listed will not be considered. Please be sure that you have carefully read all aspects of this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers