Park Slope Schoolhouse Child Care Center is looking for Part Time Teacher Assistants to work in a classroom of 2-3 year olds and 3-4 year olds. Hours are Monday - Friday 2:30-6:30 PM with additional hours as needed. $18 per hour.
• Assist with planning, preparing and implementation of developmentally appropriate individual and group activities
• Assist with setting up and maintaining a clean, safe and healthy classroom environment
• Interact in a caring and professional manner with children and families while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality standards and requirements
• Broadens their own knowledge of the cultural and ethnic heritage of the children and families being served to better meet individual needs.
• Currently enrolled in or completed an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
• Experience in classroom with children ages 1-4 years
• Knowledge and coursework in child development, developmentally appropriate practices and social and emotional development
• Demonstrates ability to meaningfully make a positive impact on early childhood developmental needs
• Demonstrates ability to positively relate to and effectively communicate with children and families
• A collaborative work ethic
• Strong classroom management skills
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers